Wednesday, June 9, 2010

What's Cool on the Internet?

Every once in awhile I find something cool on the Internet. As I have been pondering why I blog, I thought to my self, "Self, you should share some of those cool things." At the very least it would give me something to write about and share, and at the most enlighten you on things you may or may not have found on your own.

So I am continuing, what has become a regular feature on my blog:
(::disclaimer:: Obviously, this feature is subjective)
So what, you may ask, is worthy enough to be featured in this, er, feature?



It seems, anymore, the Super Bowl commercials can get as much attention as the big game itself.  Over the past few years, it has been easy to get online afterward and see those commercials you missed, re-watch the ones you liked, and find out which ones were voted the best.

But what about the ones from 5 years ago?  10 years ago?  Or longer?

Adland put together a collection of those commercials.  From Adland's website:
Welcome to the worlds largest archive of superbowl commercials. In some years all the regional ads are included as well, but "banned ads" that claim to have been rejected from the superbowl are not - if it aired nationally during the superbowl, it's included. We now have 38 out of the 44 super bowl years, making this the worlds largest collection of super bowl ads. You're welcome!

Have you ever wanted to go back and review past Bud Bowl's?  Or see Michael and Larry's "nothing but net" ads?  Or maybe re-live your "Just Do It" days?

I remember, when I was planning youth lessons, I had an idea that used one commercial I had seen during a Super Bowl, but I could never find it ... the messge title, "What Motivates You?" ... if only I had known about this site then.*





If you have the gumption ... or are just curious ... or you remember that one ad you saw that one super bowl, but never saw it aired again .... make sure you check out Adland's 38 years of Super Bowl commercials ... it's what's cool on the internet.

 ____________________
*of course I recognize it is highly unlikely this site even existed at that time, let alone having compiled a list of these commercials.

1 comment: