Saturday, June 12, 2010

Running Sounds Exhausting

You may have heard it said before that our life is like a race.  In fact, the Bible, uses this analogy a couple of times:
Acts 20:24 - However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

Hebrews 12:1 - Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us
I saw this video (below) and was reminded that too often we think that we are to run this race alone.  Certainly we have our loved ones, family and friends, there to support us, but they don't run the race.  But because we are the ones to run the race, we feel inadequate to run the race by ourselves.

I think that is the point.  God knows we are inadequate without Him.  That the race He has set before us can only be accomplished with His help.  (John 15:5 - apart from me you can do nothing.)  And that we need to be willing to rely on Him.



1 comment:

  1. So even though I've seen that clip before, I still was moved to tears. Such a beautiful testimony ...

    ReplyDelete