Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Three Day Ambition

I enjoy writing.  Since moving to Hawaii, my schedule has been different, allowing more time for family and other stuff.  I felt early on this would be a great opportunity to write more and blogging seems a natural venue.  Being able to blurb whimsically about whatever seems a natural fit to the way my mind works. Sometimes my musing rumination is deserving of an outlet.

As I mentioned before (when debating the virtues of asterisks), I write for myself.  However, that is not to say others may not be intrigued by my musing or find insight in my rumination.  That begs the question, though, "How often should I blog?"

When I finally determined to write regularly (starting with this post (not this post)), I committed to myself to write every three days.  Ambitious you say?  I agree.  And even my wife (who has her own blog) gasped as I told her my intentions.  You may have noticed that I have reliably stuck to my plan for 30 days (that's 10 posts (including this post).  But is it too much?


I ask you, the reader, for feedback.  I know many of us have many blogs we try to follow and keep up with.  It occurred to me, that every three days is a lot.  If you happen to check in to a blog once in a while, or when you remember, that could be a lot to read and catchup on.  Or if you happen to follow or subscribe to a blog or receive RSS updates, that could be more often than you would care for.

So, if it is not too much to ask, how often is too much to post?

2 comments:

  1. It's NEVER too much when it comes to YOUR blog! I love reading your thoughts and ideas and random musings. But then again, I may be a bit bias.

    ReplyDelete
  2. every 3 days is nice. except when you're talking about asterisks...then you can wait 4....:P

    ReplyDelete