Wednesday, April 7, 2010

What's Cool on the Internet?

Every once in awhile I find something cool on the internet.  As I have been pondering why I blog, I thought to my self, "Self, you should share some of those cool things."  At the very least it would give me something to write about and share, and at the most enlighten you on things you may or may not have found on your own.

So I am introducing, what will become a regular feature on my blog:
(::disclaimer:: Obviously, this feature is subjective)

So what, you may ask, is worthy enough to be featured in my new feature?

Legomatrix.com

This site is dedicated to two individuals creating a lego stop motion film of the rooftop scene from Matrix where Neo dodges bullets for the first time and Trinity says, "Dodge this."  They entitled it "Trinity! Help!"  (The clip below is the original footage (with user added music) to help your memory and the iconic "Dodge This" photo.)





Trevor Boyd and Steve Ilett spent over 440 hours creating a 1 minute and 24 second video of this scene in time for the 10th anniversary of the Matrix.  They recreated a frame for frame replication of the rooftop scene and included on their site a side by side comparison of the two clips (original footage and their re-creation).  They also take the time to break down all 21 scenes they shot and share their techniques and challenges of how each picture was taken.  They created their own OCR to capture the bullet time footage and include a FAQ addressing the curiosity of the masses.

Overall, this site is cool.  Which, ultimately is why I featured it in "What's Cool on the Internet?"

Below is the result of their labor.  But make sure you take the time to check out their website too.  Legomatrix.com ... it's what's cool on the internet.




Did you think that was cool?  Let me know in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously. That Lego video is amazing. I posted it on Facebook ... because that's what's cool on the internet. hehe.

    ReplyDelete