Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Mandy and I are not compatible.

In my life, the Myers-Briggs personality test has reared its head again.


Our church pastors have been encouraging the congregation to know more about themselves. How God has created them. Spiritual tests and Personality tests are good tools towards that end. More of a guideline, really.


You can go to mypersonality.info and take a test for yourself.


Personality profiles are nothing new to me.  I vaguely recall a test where you could be an otter. And another test the church I grew up in used that plotted you as a Dynamic, Itrovert, Common Sense or something that started with an "A".  But periodically you are around people who are going through one, and everyone wants to know what yours is.

We had some friends over Sunday after church. Playing games, eating food, talking story. Our pastor came by around dinner time to hang out for a bit. And the conversation turned to personality types. I wasn't directly involved, I was having guitar battles in Guitar Hero III. But Mandy was, and I got the jist of the coversation.


People were offering their personality types. "I'm an IBST." "Wow, I'm a USUK." "Really, I'm an OHJY." It was all very confusing. And when asked what we were, neither Mandy nor I could answer the question. (How embarassing) "Um, I'm an OTTR?"


After cleaning up and getting ready for bed, I was ready to wind down by saving humanity (Mass Effect 2). Mandy was ready to take the test. So she did. You can read her results here. Since I was scanning planets* (Really Bioware? EVERY SINGLE PLANET!?!), Mandy helped me take mine.  You can see the results here.

I am an INTP - The "Engineer".  Mandy is an ESFJ - The "Supporter".  And according to every website that you search we are not compatible.  In fact, we both fall into eachother's LEAST compatible with category.  But all I see when you combine our personality types is "NEST" or "FIT" or "FJINSTEP"**.

Mandy, you are the love of my life.  You are my perfect fit.  And if compatible means, "not capable of existing or living together in harmony," then this test may be right.  Fjinstep.








____________________
*apparently scanning planets is important to saving humanity.


** Fjinstep, which you'll probably recall, is Norwegian for "I claim you, you claim me!"

2 comments:

  1. I love you, Babe. We are indeed a "perfect match" ... no matter what any test says. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh, I quite often like to use my down time saving humanity. Not scanning planets though....that's just weird.

    ReplyDelete